Asleep at Maria, Maria.
I made it through my first full week back at work. Many of you know that I work for a mining company. In case you didn't know, it's a heavily male dominated field, especially out at our mines. I'm still nursing Braden, so that means that I pump when I'm at work. I had to travel to one of the mines this week and needed to pump pretty soon after I arrived. Needless to say, they don't have a "Comfort Room" like we have at the office where I normally work so I tried to casually ask about a room with a door and no window. My colleague asked what I needed it for and then he suddenly realized and pointed at his chest with both fingers and said "Oh, ok. You can use my office." The woman's bathroom is being remodeled there too, so I had to clean my supplies in the sink in the lunchroom while others were making their lunch! Needless to say, it's always interesting! Also, I can't remember if I wrote that I am going to be getting the new position at work that I mentioned in a previous post (Manager, Social Investments). I'm looking forward to it.
Braden had a great day today. He napped great and we had so much fun with him when he was awake. He is really able to grab onto things now and it's amazing how quickly he picked that up. We also went out to lunch and he was awake in his stroller for part of it and then just stared at us until he fell asleep. He's also enjoying tummy time and lifting up his little head and chest more now. We took a short walk in his Snugli again and he really enjoyed that because he loves looking at everything around him! It was cool enough this morning that he had his breakfast out in the backyard. We're excited that it is starting to cool down!
The video shows how Braden responds when we blow on his face... it's pretty funny and he gets a kick out of it, too!



No comments:
Post a Comment