Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Diapers and Constipation


I like my jumpy swing!

Going for walks sure make me tired!




Well, I never thought I would give something that title. But Braden had his first experience with constipation. It wasn't a fun experience for him or for me as he had a hard time sleeping (Anthony was away on a trip). We had some prunes in the fridge, so I decided to make him some prune juice in the morning to see if that might help the situation (I've been making more baby food, so pureeing fruits and vegetables has been something I've been doing!). Anyway, I put 2 little prunes in about 10 oz of water, blended them up and then poured like 1/4 of 1 oz into a bottle with about 5 oz of water. So let's just say it was about as diluted as possible. But that stuff worked! Within about 15 minutes he went to the bathroom... and when I saw he went, he went. He literally had poop up to his neck! I'm glad it worked and I'm sure it was such a relief for him. I'll try that trick a little sooner next time!

Braden has moved into the next size of diapers. Not only is it the next size, but he is no longer in Swaddlers (the "new" baby brand of Pampers). He's moved on to Cruisers and I have to admit I had a bit of a hard time with this. I haven't been resistant to some of the things that mean he's growing up (having cereal, changing sizes of clothes, trying a sippy cup...), but this diaper thing got to me! I actually stole all the diapers out of his diaper bags to keep from needing to use the Cruisers for the first time! He's growing up so fast and will already be 6 months on the 29th.

Anthony has been home this whole week so Braden has been able to be home with him. Although it's not good that people aren't chartering planes because it speaks to the bigger issue with the economy, it is great timing for us because it allows Anthony to be home with Braden. And my parents get here on Saturday for a 12-days, so Braden gets a good break from daycare!

Braden rolled over this week! He really hasn't shown much interest in doing it. He definitely prefers to sit-up then to lay down, but we still try to do tummy time with him to encourage rolling over. I think the fact that he has a lot to roll over is probably part of the reason he isn't that interested! Last night he was on his tummy, picked up a ball and accidentally rolled over. I, of course, cheered and clapped for him, but he didn't really seem to care! We'll keep working on him! Oh, and I don't think I mentioned that he's scheduled to start swim lessons on January 7th. I can hardly wait!

No comments: