Saturday, November 7, 2009

Our New Little Miracle.

We had our 2nd trimester ultrasound on Friday and we're having a boy! I guess we haven't really "announced" this pregnancy, but considering I'm now 5-months along it's become pretty evident for those who actually see me. Although some co-workers just came to the realization, or got up the nerve to ask, this week! I think this is somewhat telling of a second pregnancy... a lot of times in the early stages you honestly forget! But that will no longer be possible now that I can feel him moving around and he's making his presence known with my belly, too! Feeling a baby moving inside of you has to be one of the most amazing sensations possible and I'll be treasuring it for the next 5 months. I tried to upload the DVD from our ultrasound, but wasn't able to so will just be able to do these pictures. So sweet to watch him suck his thumb and see his little heart beating. And most importantly, the doctor said that everything looks "great" at least 100 times. Such a reminder of the miracle of creation.

No doubt he's a little boy!


We think this is just precious because whenever Braden is content he crosses his feet at the ankle like this. Glad to know he's content in there!


We've gotten a few consistent questions since telling people, so I thought I would answer some of those here.

Question 1 - We're you planning this? Yep! One day Anthony and Braden went with me on a trip to Bagdad (one of our mining towns in AZ). On the way home Anthony and I were talking and decided it didn't make sense to wait any longer. The boys will be 22-months apart, which we think will be fun. I do have to say, this was our MAS (minimal allowable spread!!). We're hoping Braden might be in his big boy bed before the baby gets here and realize it is too much to hope that he might be out of diapers, too!

Question 2 - Will you have another to try for a girl? Well, considering I've always wanted boys and we both feel pretty sure that we think our family will be complete by having 2 babies, my answer is "not planning on it!" If we do decide we think a 3rd child would be a good addition to our family it won't be because we feel incomplete without a girl.

Question 3 - Will you have another c-section? Of course! Why would I go through labor and delivery if I don't have to! If all goes as planned I get to schedule a time to show up at the hospital and, with Braden, be handed a beautiful new life 3 hours later and 8 minutes after going into the operating room! Our due date is April 5th (my birthday) but my doctor said we would schedule the c-section a week early so I don't go into labor. I'm going to try to hold off for an April baby, but we'll see!

Needless to say, we're very excited and feel very blessed. We are open to any name suggestion!

1 comment:

Stillpoint Photography said...

Congratulations! I have been wanting to say that for awhile now! :) glad to hear you are feeling well, and excited to read about this next stage in your guys' life. what a wonderful journey!

Angela