Sunday, August 12, 2012

Swimmer's ear.

So Hunter was diagnosed with swimmer's ear earlier this week. When I explained the symptoms to the doc and told him I thought it was swimmer's ear he said, "Well, kids his age generally don't get swimmer's ear... unless he's a wild-man." Yep, you got it! No, he doesn't sit on the edge, paddle around in a floaty and go under to blow "little bubbles," as Dr Cannon described "typical 2-year old behavior in the water. Hunter is a wild-man. It has now been diagnosed by a doctor and not just me and everyone who has the pleasure of spending any amount of time with him... through swimmer's ear!
Here is is playing a humpback whale.
 And here he is propelling the raft across the pool.
 We planted some pumpkin seeds! 
Hunter tried out helping.
 Unfortunately the birds have gotten our sprout-lings each time. Anthony is going to try to figure out some way to keep them out. He's been stalking the Garden Guy from Channel 3 at the gym, so I'm sure he'll get a professional answer soon. 
We've had some yummy corn, so some has survived the drought. Unfortunately I think it's going to be the "feed corn" that takes the biggest hit. I know there's not much hope for the harvest on our family farm in Ohio this year. 
"Why bother cooking it?" asks Hunter.
The giant Eucalyptus tree outside our condo fell over! Grant, our nanny's son, owns the black car in the picture. Miraculously neither it or anyone else was hurt when this tree went down. Everyone is very sad about the lose of shade at the condo, though!


No comments: