Friday, July 5, 2013

Chicago!

I had my annual trip to Chicago to attend the Clinton Global Initiative America meeting. Last year my Mom met me and we thought it would be fun for Braden to come along. So this year he made the trip with me and we met both Mimi and Poppa! 
Braden did some Legos at 30,000 feet on the way. He's such an easy travel mate... I'll take him with me anytime. The lady next to us actually said when we landed that he was the best behaved kid she'd ever seen on a flight. Proud Mama!
I had meetings all day Thursday and Friday, so Braden hit the town with Mimi and Poppa. And they pretty much saw it all!
Good bonding time for Braden and Poppa.
Friday night I got to join in the fun on the trolley.  
We found a fun Lego store. 
Gotta love Woody made out of Legos! 
And Braden waited for me to do the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier! 
Chas and JJ decided to take a pass on this one... But Braden and I enjoyed the ride! 
This sign was pretty appropriate given my Dad, Chuck, is a Blackhawks fan. He enjoyed being there during the Stanley Cup and I enjoyed hearing the story about him listening to the Blackhawks on his transistor radio when he was growing up on the farm.  
Saturday was time for more site-seeing, which of course included a stop at the Bean at Millennial Park. 
Braden was the only one who enjoyed the rain! 
And we met a super cool Chicago fireman who was waiting with his truck on Michigan Avenue. He let Braden get in and check it all out. First a Phoenix truck and now Chicago!

I loved having my favorite 5 year old with me on the trip and he loved Chicago.

No comments: