
He is finally here! Braden came into the world on Thursday May 29th at 8:08 am! We couldn't be more happy and baby and mom are doing great.
We were scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, but results of an ultrasound showed that he was a pretty big boy so the doctor changed us to a C-Section as the primary course of action.
It is Sunday night now, and we are leaving the hospital tomorrow. We truly had unbelievable care while we were here. I swear the nurses acted like they made money on tips, going out of their way to make sure everything was in order. At first we had quite a bit of attention, as Angie and baby were monitored quite regularly. But now, we rarely see the nurses, unless we need some help.
One of the first nights, I needed some help. Angie was still had her IV's, and it was up to me to change Braden and get him ready to nurse. I don't know if you know about meconium, but its the babies first poops. The stuff is like tar. Well anyway this stuff was plastered to him everywhere and I was having a hard time "getting baby coordinated." I just coined that term. The dad's get baby coordinated just about the 3rd late night diaper change, when you're absolutely exhausted, poop is everywhere, and the baby throws in a good cry just increase the level of difficulty. Mom's on the other hand are born baby coordinated. Well that night was one of those nights. Braden was crying, the meconium was adhered everywhere, and I was trying to keep my cool. To push me over my limit, a stream of urine started to shoot up and out of the bassinet like the water show at the Bellagio. Realizing I had reached the end of my capabilities, I said to Angie, "push the call nurse button!" Very soon a nurse was in the room and had everything under control in no time.
Other than a few moments like above, Braden has been the sweetest little boy and tomorrow we get to take him home. A home without a nurse call button I might add. But we're ready, and besides, isn't that what grandmothers are for :)
We were scheduled to be induced on Tuesday, but results of an ultrasound showed that he was a pretty big boy so the doctor changed us to a C-Section as the primary course of action.
It is Sunday night now, and we are leaving the hospital tomorrow. We truly had unbelievable care while we were here. I swear the nurses acted like they made money on tips, going out of their way to make sure everything was in order. At first we had quite a bit of attention, as Angie and baby were monitored quite regularly. But now, we rarely see the nurses, unless we need some help.
One of the first nights, I needed some help. Angie was still had her IV's, and it was up to me to change Braden and get him ready to nurse. I don't know if you know about meconium, but its the babies first poops. The stuff is like tar. Well anyway this stuff was plastered to him everywhere and I was having a hard time "getting baby coordinated." I just coined that term. The dad's get baby coordinated just about the 3rd late night diaper change, when you're absolutely exhausted, poop is everywhere, and the baby throws in a good cry just increase the level of difficulty. Mom's on the other hand are born baby coordinated. Well that night was one of those nights. Braden was crying, the meconium was adhered everywhere, and I was trying to keep my cool. To push me over my limit, a stream of urine started to shoot up and out of the bassinet like the water show at the Bellagio. Realizing I had reached the end of my capabilities, I said to Angie, "push the call nurse button!" Very soon a nurse was in the room and had everything under control in no time.
Other than a few moments like above, Braden has been the sweetest little boy and tomorrow we get to take him home. A home without a nurse call button I might add. But we're ready, and besides, isn't that what grandmothers are for :)
2 comments:
Okay, that is just a funny post, Anthony! Will have to have Chris read up on this and be prepared for baby without nurse call button too! Although he won't have the benefit of grandmoms either! Guess he might have to call you then at that time since you'll be an expert!
Congratulations you guys! Braden is adorable and I love the name! I am cracking up at the diaper changing story- Mike can relate! Don't worry, Anthony you'll be "dad coordinated" by the second baby ;)
Hold on to these days...the days may be long but the years are short. I hope I get to meet that precious baby! xoMollie
Post a Comment