Sunday, June 15, 2008

A Sunday afternoon.




Braden is taking a nap and I thought I would post a quick update. Things have been going pretty well here with a few little challenges along the way. We went to the pediatrician on Friday because Braden had some diarrhea last week and some gas issues. The doc thinks he has some reflux, so we've made some changes to the way he eats and sleeps and that seems to be helping a lot. Basically he doesn't lie flat on his back much anymore! Unfortunately, he does has some pretty bad gas pains and it's so hard to see him in pain and not able to get that awful gas out of him! It does come eventually, so that is a relief for him.

It is Father's Day and obviously Anthony's first. However, he is flying and in New York. He actually had to go on a 6-day trip that started last Wednesday and is the longest he's had to be gone since he started flying for this new family. It's too bad that it had to occur before Braden was even 2-weeks old. And it was back-to-back to another 3-day trip. Hopefully that won't happen again soon, but it is his job. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the charter part of the trip was to the Bahamas! Can't wait for him to get home tomorrow. I told him to be sure and get a lot of sleep while he was gone! It was hard for him to get away and we sure missed him! Thankfully my Mom was able to stay and help with the baby and she leaves early tomorrow morning. Anthony's Mom gets here on Tuesday, so we'll have even more help!

I've attached a few new pictures of Braden. He's growing fast! He was 10lbs 4oz at the doctor on Friday. Dr. Sotelo said he is doing awesome and thriving. It was Braden's first time meeting Dr. Sotelo and he loved him as much as his Mommy and Daddy do (and Grandma, too). We do have some videos that we'll get posted at sometime, but I don't know how to download them. Have to wait for Daddy to get home for that one!

Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Angela said...

You are a strong woman, Angela :). I am glad you are adjusting so well, and I bet it is killing Anthony to be away for so long- I imagine he is telling everyone about Braden, and showing off his picture whenever he can like a proud Papa- I can hear him now- and I bet he is bragging about what a great job you are doing, too! However, I think it is definitely your turn to get some sleep when he gets home! Culley and I love the updates and pics of Braden!