Thursday, May 7, 2009

Singapore

So, we've had some changes around the Harmon household! No, we're not moving to Singapore... but Anthony will be leaving tomorrow to fly "his" plane to Singapore! This is an awesome experience and adventure for him and he is very excited about it. The change involves the fact that he'll be leaving the plane there and that means that "his" plane has been sold and he won't be flying it after this last amazing journey. When he gets back he'll be settling into the role of Daddy and will fly when he has a charter or contract trip come up. That means that his regular salary will no longer be coming in... which leads to more changes! The biggest one is no more eating out at our regular frequency!! Ok, an average of 6 times a week when you consider lunch and dinner is probably too much to begin with, so we are grateful for some of the changes this will cause us to make. One of those being the fact that we have been wanting to live off a budget since getting married and have never made ourselves do that... until now! We are VERY grateful at the fact that I have a great job that can support our family, that Braden will have a strong foundation with the influence of his Daddy in his life and that they can come and meet me for lunch whenever they want (a packed lunch, of course!). We look forward to the new adventures God has in store for us. And I'll eventually get to that 32-hour work week I've been hoping for!

Now, back to Singapore. Because of the range on the plane he flies (a Citation Excel), it will take them 3 days to fly there from here. They will stop in Anchorage, Alaska the first night, cross the Aleutian Islands, stop in Petropavlovsk, Russia, Osaka, Japan and then stay in Macau, China the second night. The third day they will end their journey in Singapore where they will have a couple days to "recover" before flying home on an airline. It will be a exciting trip for Anthony and an awesome experience! Please pray for their safety and that all logistics and details work out perfectly!

When Anthony first found out that he might have a chance to do this, there was a short amount of time that I thought I was going to get to go along with them!! However, Anthony was never serious about the idea and said, "If I end up in a Russian prison, someone needs to be there to take care of Braden." Whatever! I LOVE to travel and like I'll ever have another chance to fly in a private jet through Alaska, Russia, Japan, China and Singapore. I figured it was my one chance to get to Asia since it's not anywhere near the top of the LONG list of places I want to visit... oh well. Maybe next time! ;-)

On another note, Braden and Kyndal had their first birthday party this past weekend. Since Anthony is taking the camera on his trip, I'll have a chance to get pictures posted while he's gone.

Also, Anthony's brother Andrew and his wife Lindsay are leaving for India this weekend to pick up their adopted daughter Leah, so please pray for them as well!
A preview of the birthday party!


Finding Cheerio's (we've got a climber on our hands!)!

Hangin' at the Biltmore with Grammy.

Our precious boy.
He loves to play peek a boo on the couch!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Angie-

wow! So many changes and exciting horizons for all of the Harmons, it sounds like. We will definitely keep Anthony in our prayers over the next several days- I can just imagine how excited he is!- and you, too, since you will also be flying solo for awhile :).

Planning out and working down to a reasonable budget is tough at first, but Culley and I have found it is also really rewarding- you really feel like you are making the most of what God has blessed you with, and that you are being accountable for it. that is amazingly satisfying. I am glad that it seems like the changes will be relatively smooth for you guys- I saw in Anthony's FB update that he is also stopping briefly in Seattle- not as exciting as Singapore, but you definitely need to make the trip with him sometime so that we can all hang out together and show you a bit of the northwest- not as hot, but oh so beautiful :). Okay, if I rambled verses spoke succinctly, I will blame it on the sleepless nights from having a newborn in the house! :)

Angela