Saturday, June 13, 2009

A visitor in the pool...

Anthony called me outside this morning when he was working in the backyard. We have a resident lizard in our backyard this summer who, in my opinion, is bigger than the normal salamanders and geckos that we see. Well, he decided to take a swim and Anthony called me out to watch him get him out of the pool! I'm not a fan of lizards, or anything similar for that matter, but do like the fact that they eat the bugs around and I also realize that they were here before we decided to make this our home. So here's footage of how Anthony decided to save the lizards life... they are fast, little suckers!

A second lizard decided to take a dive a little later in the morning and happened to be in the pool when my Mom got in there! Anthony saved that one too. Not sure why today was the day for lizard bathing, but I'm glad that we didn't find them dead.

Once the pool was lizard free, Braden and the rest of us got in and enjoyed it. I do have to say that since it's been cool here lately, especially in the evenings, our pool is COLD (80 degrees)! It's hard to believe since it's the middle of June, but it even took my Dad some time to get in today! We got Braden a little pool that he can splash around in in the grass and he tried that out today. I think he was looking at it longingly from the big, cold pool! Poppa also gave him a haircut today and it makes him look like such a little boy... my baby is growing up!


The warm pool.

Swimming with Poppa.

Warming up!

Braden LOVES raspberries!

Nice barber chair! (He does have on a diaper because I have a commitment not to put naked pics of my baby on-line!)

No comments: