Sunday, August 23, 2009

The End of the Bumper

So, I've posted before about how much Braden loves his bumper and generally spends most of his sleeping time with multiple body parts pushed up against it. Well, that came to an end on Thursday. I was at work and get a message from Anthony - "Braden fell out of his crib. He's ok." What! That's all it said on our little Blackberry Messenger page that we use so often! Braden often throws his bear on the floor when he wakes up from his nap. The first thing he points out when we go in to get him is the bear on the floor. Anthony thinks that he tried to take matters into his own hands after this nap and ended up flipping out of the crib and landing on his back as he was trying to retrieve bear! Oh, probably so much better that I wasn't there! Thankfully he appeared to be fine, once he calmed down and there have been no problems since. Needless to say, the bumper came out right away and now Braden has to snuggle up against the cold, hard crib rails! It seems so institutional! But, I have to say it hasn't bothered him a bit (with the exception of getting his foot stuck in the rails twice). Slept right through the night and ever since.

We had a couple of birthday parties this weekend. Braden had his first experience with Peter Piper Pizza and loved it. Although he fell and bumped his head on the corner of a wall and got a huge goose egg on his forehead. Considering Braden walks faster than me the majority of the time, I'm afraid bumps and bruises are going to be a normal part of his growing up. I just pray that none are ever serious enough to take us to the ER!




He also loves imitating Daddy and using the watering can in the front yard. Although his favorite part is putting rocks in the watering can.





No comments: