Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Back Home

My trip to Hawaii was a perfect little getaway. We had a wonderful time, great weather and saw some amazing things. We kayaked and snorkeled in Cpt Cook's bay where we saw thousands of fish and a couple schools of dolphins swimming. We usually saw sea turtles on most beaches where we were. Anthony and Bud got some good wave surfing in at one spot. They were having record waves on Maui when we were there. We didn't see the 50 footers, but we saw some big ones! I also saw whales on my hike my first day! It was such a welcomed nice relaxing rest in a time that is usually so busy.

We are very thankful to our Mom's for watching Braden for us. It made it much easier to enjoy our time away knowing that he was in great hands and having tons of fun! And he sure did... they took the Light Rail to the Tempe Arts Festival, went to the Train Park, went to the mall, went to Tempe Marketplace. He had lots of fun and he learned another letter while we are gone! He also knows what "b-o-o" spells! I think he grew another inch while I was gone!

Checking out the tree with Mimi.


Playing the instruments at the Arts Festival!
Playing at the Train Park. We've had some cold weather, especially in the mornings! I was freezing when I got off the plane waiting to get picked up! Braden still loves flowers and stops to smell them often. Anthony and I saw many places where he would have loved to smell the flowers in Hawaii.




On the beach by our hotel.

Checking out a black sand beach. There was a sea turtle swimming around Anthony. We went to black, white and green sand beaches while we were there. The Big Island is amazing in its diversity. There are 13 climate zones in the world and 11 of them are present on the island.

Hiking on the lava after snorkeling.

So many beautiful spots. I can't wait to go back (next time on Anthony's plane!).

No comments: