Thanks to my parents for watching the boys for a few days while Anthony and I got away to...
Seattle!
What a great city! Especially when we got 2 out 4 days of sun! I had a work meeting, so Anthony tagged along and we combined a little kidless vacation onto the trip. We took the ferry to Bainbridge Island, walked around a ton and caught up with some of my mining friends!

And since we were at a mining event, I thought I would throw in this picture of me at a recent visit to our mine south of Tucson... gotta love big mining equipment!
We had some great meals and Anthony enjoyed a few huge oyster shooters at Pike Place Market. We visited the original Starbuck's and were glad that buying Starbuck's in Seattle meant buying local for a change.
We saw lots of things that reminded us of the kids and thought this sign was pretty appropriate for Hunter's initials. He's often hungry and you can't help but be harried when he's around!


And I have to note that before we left Hunter had his first prescription... our 2nd dose of amoxicillin and our first ear ache. I think it was pretty good that we made it a combined 5 1/2 years without one! And Hunter almost made it 2 years with only going for his well visits. So thankful for the blessing of healthy kids!

3 comments:
Loved seeing you in Seattle! Were we the mining friends you refer to? Yes -- you're both invited to the island! xxx Nancy
Of course you were the mining friends! Who else could it possibly have been?! Don't forget to send us the map!
Of course you were the mining friends! Who else could it possibly have been?! Don't forget to send us the map!
Post a Comment