Sunday, December 1, 2013

I'll see you again.

My sweet Grandmother passed away on November 2nd. She was a special lady and lived a long, 90 years. I was able to spend lots of great, quality time with my grandparents growing up. And she and I moved to Arizona together 17 years ago. She didn't like it quite as much as me and headed back to Ohio to live near my parents after about 6-months. She was a beautiful woman inside and out and I was blessed to have her as my Grandma. I'm also glad the boys were able to know her. Near the end of her life, dementia took some of her mind, but it never got to her heart and she was kind and loving until the day she went to heaven. We rest in knowing she is at peace in the arms of her Savior and so happy to be reunited with Grandpa. 
My Mom and Grandma. Both beautiful at all ages.
My grandparents have a special place in my heart.
Thankful my Grandma was able to make the trip to Arizona to celebrate our wedding.
Grandma was one of 11 brothers and sisters and the second oldest. She is only the second to pass away. All of her siblings but one sister came to her services on their church bus. Mary and Reva sang a song at the service. They are truly the Richardson clan. I love hearing their stories and they have many!
This is Grandma on her 90th birthday in September of this year. She was a master quilt maker. I love this picture because she was "fixing" a spot on her blanket. I'll cherish the many quilts that will continue to keep me warm that were made with love by those hands.

The boys were able to go back with me for the services and it was a great opportunity to see family and enjoy Ohio. The Smilebox shows a bit of the fun that we had on our trip.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This digital slideshow personalized with Smilebox






No comments: