Saturday, May 17, 2014

Weekend Getaway.

We decided to take advantage of my work trip to Clarkdale so the whole family packed in and we headed north. While I was in my meetings on Friday, the boys went and fished at Mingus Lake near Jerome. They caught 2 trout, so the weekend was off to a good start! We then headed east to Christopher Creek for the rest of the weekend.
We took a little hike in Payson on the way.
And then we headed to Woods Canyon Lake Saturday morning! 
I think Hunter found an old campfire...
 
We then decided to try a new lake called Bear Canyon Lake. We had to hike down to the lake.
It was beautiful and no one was around! 
Braden stripped down to his underwear and actually got in the lake while Hunter and I tried to stay warm!  
The kids loved the loft at the "lodge" They were much more impressed with the lodging than I was... just adding the word lodge to a place doesn't make it rustic and nice! 
We did see some real, live elk on the way up, but they didn't pose as nicely for a picture. 
This kid will fish for hours and that smile shows how much he loves it!
I'll spend a weekend away with these 3 any day!

No comments: