Thursday, October 30, 2008

5 Months!


Yummmm... cereal!


Aren't I sweet.

It's so hard to believe that Braden is already 5 months old. The months have gone past so quickly! Too quickly. His little personality is becoming more evident. He's got a sweet disposition. He can be somewhat hesitant in sharing "himself" with others. I guess what I mean by that is he's sometimes discriminating with his smiles and laughs and generally gives people a good once over before he feels comfortable flashing them his gummy grin! Although other times he just smiles away. He's a thoughtful little boy as you can probably pick up with his pictures. I think he's going to ask "why" a lot when he gets bigger! Thankfully his Daddy and I get to see the fullness of his personality and it's something I wish everyone could experience. But I think that's one of the blessings of being a parent.

He's basically gotten sitting up figured out! He's able to right himself when he starts to topple over, but also does his fair share of toppling! His changing pad is still one of his favorite places, but he's not as into just laying there and talking to us anymore. Now he tries to sit up a lot of the time, so we work around it. He sure is a little explorer! We got a humidifier and space heater for his room and he noticed them right away. I was rocking him a bit before he went to bed last night and I had put a pair of pants on the back of the rocker. He spotted the fact that there was something new there right away.

We took him to the doctor earlier this week because the cold he got at daycare didn't seem to be getting better and he had a few really bad coughing fits (one of them had me saying "should I call 911!"- not fun in the middle of the night). Thankfully it was just a cold. He was weighed at his visit and was 21lbs and 6oz. Yes, he's still a big boy!
He's doing well eating his cereal. He just needs to have his bottle first! He survived his 2 days at daycare and has been home with Dad the rest of the week. We had a playdate with his girlfriend Kyndal. They played while Nicole and I made some baby food! Sweet potatoes and acorn squash to start with. We're going to give making our own food a shot and see how it goes. We figured it'll be a fun thing to do together, but I told Nicole I won't be making my own meat baby food! We'll see how long it lasts.

I'm currently typing this as I'm flying home from Morenci (one of our mines that is still a "company town"). I've gotten the logistics of going back to work down, but it is still very hard to leave Braden. I do have an awesome job and love what I do, so that is why I do it. I often have to remind myself of that and realize what a blessing my job is. But my favorite parts of the day are when Braden wakes up in the morning and when I get home from work and my 2 boys are there! There is nothing better!


1 comment:

Angela said...

I am so impressed that you are making your own baby food AND working part time! you really are incredible. I don't think (okay, I KNOW) I was not nearly so organized when Madeline was 5 months old! (or 6 months for that matter). If you want to get a glimpse of our family, too, I have started a blog: http://angelapaperposies.blogspot.com

We'll see how faithful I am to it- I sure am going to try! Thanks for the inspiration! :)