Sunday, October 12, 2008

On the road again!


Hangin at the hotel!

Spending time in my stroller checking out Pittsburgh... I'm not used to this cold weather!

Napping and hanging out at Meemaw and Poppa's!

On the back porch swing with Meemaw.
Braden and I are currently at my parent's house in Ohio. He's out on the back deck with Meemaw and Poppa doing one of his favorite things - checking out everything in site! I'm inside doing my not favorite thing - pumping! Although I don't love the process of pumping I am very glad that he did so well with breastfeeding, so I am thankful for that and remind myself of that when I am pumping. It's amazing to think that I am able to provide the sustenance to feed my baby. How cool it all is!


We spent the last few days in Pittsburgh where I was attending a training and Meemaw was being nanny. Braden did pretty well on the flight. He had one crying spell but then slept for a good bit of the flight. We had an exciting stay at our hotel. The first excitement came when the fire alarm went off on the first night we were there! Kind of scary when you are on the 14th floor! Thankfully it wasn't real and we didn't have to evacuate, but it was a good reminder to know you have to be ready for those things, especially with a baby along.


We were able to see my good friends from college Amanda, her boys Caleb and Jonah, Ashley, her son Ryan and Karin. It is always great to see them.
With Amanda, Jonah, Karin and Caleb. Braden meeting Ryan and Ashley.
Friday's excitement revolved around the fact that Sarah Palin had a campaign stop at our hotel. I was in my training getting text messages from my mom like "We're out here in the action!," "They just took in a police dog," and others like that. As I could hear the chants from the Obama supporters through the closed glass windows on the 2nd floor I wondered how Braden was enjoying his first political rally! They didn't get to see Sarah that day, but they did see her family. On Saturday morning they went to the lobby on the chance that they might get to see the Palin's when they were leaving. My Mom and Braden were in the lobby when the whole family passed by. JJ said hello and Gov Palin said hi, asked what Braden's name was, how old he was and gave the classic response - "He's a big one!" My Dad had been outside checking things out (with the camera) and came into the lobby where he told JJ that he saw Sarah come out and my Mom said, "Well I talked to her!" Hopefully Braden will be able to say he met the next Vice President!

Go John Go!
We had a beautiful drive home. It was great to see the changing leaves and the countryside. I always love being at my parents house. I can truly just relax and be comfortable. I also got to see friends and family that I hadn't seen for awhile and that's always nice! Braden got to meet his Great Grandma Allshouse and his Great Grandpa Utterback, so that was cool. Unfortunately I didn't think about taking a 4-generation picture... we'll have to do it next time.

Meeting Great Grandpa and Grandma.

1 comment:

Angela said...

What a treat- meeting his great grandparents AND Sara Palin for the first time! :) I am glad to hear your travels went well- it can be stressful traveling with a little one.